Breastfeeding is so near and dear to my heart. I fought my own son to make sure we were able to. I LOVE hearing others' stories about their journey. Me personally, formula is so dang expensive. I wish I could tell you that that wasn't my biggest reason but I can be cheap sometimes about certain things!
I thought, if I can make it on my own for free, I'm gonna try my hardest! We just celebrated hitting the one year mark and I'm excited to (hopefully) make it another year!
The ladies that participated in my Breastfeeding Project are strong, amazing and beautiful mamas. Their love for their kiddos blew me away. I loved seeing the bond they all had! All three babies were so different as well, all fed by breastmilk. Some bigger, some smaller, all beautiful and perfectly made.
I am seriously obsessed with this session! I'm all about FED babies, but I'm excited to offer this project once every spring. This was the first one, I'm excited for next years!
Some fun breastfeeding facts:
- Breastfeeding saves a family approximately $2 to 4 thousand dollars annually (compared to cost of formula).
- Producing breast milk consumes 25% of the body’s energy. The brain only uses 20% by comparison!
- Breastfeeding mamas sleep on average 45 minutes more a night.
- Breastfeeding can help your uterus shrink more quickly after childbirth.
- Human milk contains substances that promote sleep and calmness in babies.
- Working Moms Who Breastfeed Miss Less Work.
- The right breast usually produces more milk than the left.
Did you love this group session? I LOVE Mommy + Me sessions. I offer them all year around! Contact me to book yours today! If you're interested in participating in next year's project stay tuned!